When: Sat, March 19, 2011 10:00am-1:00pm
Where: at Jeanne Peters' bio-dynamic garden and kitchen in El Segundo
Cost: $15 to cover supplies
Want to learn how to make some healthy live cultured foods using simple ingredients from your Kitchen Garden or the Farmers Market? Would you like to see how to set up a simple kitchen garden/composting system that will add vital foods and nutrients in your diet? Well, join us Saturday, March 19th from 10-1pm at Jeanne Peters’ bio-dynamic garden & kitchen in El Segundo, CA.
This sensory rich day includes the following
- Discover easy ways for you to get your daily dose of high quality, potent microflora in your diet through easy to make lacto-fermented foods.
- As a community, we will make a jar of lacto-fermented sauerkraut and/or coconut or milk kefir (come dressed to chop and grate!!)
- Carolyn and Jeanne will provide a garden tour to share how to set up a compost system, how to transform your lawn into an organic vegetable & fruit garden to feed you & your family
- Lots of time to sniff, taste, cook, feel, and enjoy the flavors of spring!
- Bring a bag lunch to share a meal...Jeanne will provide plenty of homemade herbal lavendar/lemonbalm lemonande & cultured veggies to sample
- $15.00 to cover your recipe booklet and ingredients to take home your own jar of sauerkraut and kefir
- Limited to 30 people
Jeanne Peters RD is the co-founder and Nutrition Director for Nourishing Wellness Medical Center in Redondo Beach, CA (www.nourishingwellness.com). For the past 30 years, she has been an advocate for promoting healthy, sustainable food and lifestyle choices as a Registered Dietitian, Whole Foods Cooking/BioDynamic Gardening Instructor. She works in tandem with her husband, Dr. Allen Peters MD and they specialize in optimal hormone health, culinary & preventative medicine. This workshop will fill up quickly. RSVP early to email@example.com to save your place.